17 Ocak 2014 Cuma

TruthCatcher Legacy Part II: Precipice

Part II Precipice

"And I saw another man.
Tired and lame he dragged himself along the dusty road, across the deserted plain under the scorching rays of the sun. He glanced sidelong with foolish, staring eyes, a half smile, half leer on his face; he knew not where he went, but was absorbed in his chimerical dreams which ran constantly in the same circle. His fool's cap was put on wrong side front, his garments were torn in the back; a wild lynx with glowing eyes sprang upon him from behind a rock and buried her teeth in his flesh. He stumbled, nearly fell, but continued to drag himself along, all the time holding on his shoulder a bag containing useless things, which he, in his stupidity, carried wherever he went.
Before him a crevice crossed the road and a deep precipice awaited the foolish wanderer. Then a huge crocodile with open mouth crawled out of the precipice. And I heard the voice say:--
'Look! This is the same man.'
I felt my head whirl.
"What has he in the bag?" I inquired, not knowing why I asked. And after a long silence the voice replied: "The four magic symbols, the sceptre, the cup, the sword and the pentacle. The fool always carries them, although he has long since forgotten what they mean. Nevertheless they belong to him, even though he does not know their use. The symbols have not lost their power, they retain it in themselves."

Sacred Datacron of the First Ones

It was burning.

I could feel it burning inside me. No, not yet. Not now. I turned half way round and reaching through the force cut the second Gemorrean. Another blaster shot but reflected by my lightsaber this time. That sneaky Devaronian. And then something hit me right on my face. Blood pouring from my nose, I slashed my lightsaber blindly in defence. Scream and agony. Ok, one left. Focus. Breath. Leap. And I was on top of the Devorian, finishing him quickly. Finally. It is over.

'Impressive, Jedi'. An unexpected clapping sound. 'Really, impressive'.

Here I was, standing before a Sith, bleeding, sweating, cursing the blaster shot burning through my left chest. A sorcerer as I understand from her sleeky clothes and unique ugliness.

'Enough killing for today, Sith'. I grimaced. 'Leave, now. Your life will be spared'.

A quick smirk in return. 'How pathetic. How about you beg me mercy that I finish you fast?'

Ok, I said to myself. Hold on to your Soresu stance. Wait for the lightning. If you can survive it, you may get a chance to get close to her. Close enough to have a single Djem So strike.

Then came the lightning. And it almost killed me. I was lying on the ground, unable to move. She would be on me in a second. I waited. Somehow I was looking forward to facing this moment for the last three miserable years of my life. And it had come finally. Time to join Naen in the Force.

'Hello, Arcky' came a familiar voice. 'It's been a long time.'

Su Jena!

How she found me? Was that possible? And yet there she was. Standing beside the dead sith. Smiling as beautiful as ever.

'Hey there, Su' was all I could say before passing out.

-to be continued

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder